Friday, February 3, 2012

January Update

We celebrated our first Nativity in Pa this month. We were blessed to have such a special Feast Day. We had a wonderful time carolling despite the cold.

Hubby and the girls attend a Yolka and their picture even made it into the paper. Ice Man was ill so we stayed home. I ended up having a nice time at home. He slept most of the time so I was able to have a quiet afternoon at home.

Hubby went back to school and will be having a busy semester.

I celebrated my Names Day.

We celebrated Theophany. We had our home blessed for the first time since becoming Orthodox.

We attended a marriage retreat and learned some valuable information. I hope to be able to retain it and put it to use.

I also began attending a choir class. Having no musical background, I am looking forward to grasping anything I can.

February will be a busy month for us as well. Hubby and I were looking over the calendar and realized how quickly Great Lent is approaching. We are looking forward to it. The last couple days I can't help but sing the hymns associated with Lent and Pascha.

4 comments:

  1. Many years to your on your namesday (that would've been December 31st/January 13th right?)! Yes...Great Lent is approaching soon. Hard to believe it's already February as we haven't really even had any snow yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and you were right. From what I have heard its been a very mild winter. We find ourselves to be very fortunate being from AZ. We are not use to the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated namesday (to you and me!) :) You guys are very busy, but with lots of wonderful new things. I hope you are enjoying PA this winter; although, it seems like a light one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Namesday Michelle! PA defianetly feels like hone now.;)

    ReplyDelete