Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Art of Self Care

I just read this post and thought I would share my list of items to feel refreshed.

1. Attend a church service without children.

2. When I start feeling really restless stop whatever I maybe doing and pray.

3. Tidy the home before bed.

4. Enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning while it is still relatively quite.

5. Enjoy a good book.

6. Drink more water and take daily vitamins.

7. Live in the moment.

This will be a good reminder for those times, all to often, that I start to feel broken down.

3 comments:

  1. Now and then I attend services without my little one, I cherish every minute of those services. Like you said in an earlier post, you really can't explain how refreshing it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! During Lent, my husband and I make sure to attend at least one service each week without the children. It is wonderful! I love just driving in the car by myself and singing :) That takes the edge off for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we go to Vigil the two littlest often sleep though. My older kids don't need my attention during services so it is almost like being alone (if you don't count carrying 35 pound Rome the whole time, but at least he is asleep) This is why Vigil is my favorite day of the week.

    I completely relate to your list and could use a copy of it on my wall. Good reminders.

    ReplyDelete