Monday, August 1, 2011

Day Two: Albuquerque, NM to Loveland, CO

It's morning here in New Mexico and quite in our hotel room. Hubby and I are the only ones awake. Our plans today are to make it to Loveland, CO where I have family. We plan on spending a few days there visting with everyone.

Yesterday the kids and the dogs did fairly well. One of our dogs, Dusty a toy poodle, does not travel well. He is easily agitated when out of the comforts of his own home. It is so interesting to see the personality changes in the dogs. Typically, Daisy our min pin, is the crazy one but when we travel she has a sense of calmness within her.

The kids all did well yesterday, especially considering it was a long day for them. Ice Man was a little fussy towards the end but other than that it was pretty smooth.

I will need to reorganize everything once we reach Colorado. I thought I had done a good job but apparently it was not as efficient as I would like it to be. I am learning as we go. This is our first big trip as a family and of course I packed more than we needed. 

1 comment: