Friday, October 12, 2012

Goals and Lists

My mind has been all over the place lately, or more so than normal. I am not sure if it's pregnancy related or just plain old busyness due to having young children. I often find myself making extensive lists of things to do but often find that half or not more of what is on that list is not that important. I sat down recently to review what it is that I would like to accomplish throughout the rest of the year.
  1. Continue Working on MFW 1st grade and add additional preschool activities. 
  2. Start Potty Training Ice Man
  3. Jacob's Birth
  4. Finish goal of reading 24 books this year. 
  5. Establish home management system
  6. Continue with my higher education courses
  7. Clothing Organization
  8. Room Organization
  9. Utilize Blog
  10. Photo Organization
  11. Maintain and Update Budget regularly
Some of these goals are rather large and will carry over next year. With this list, I will be able to have a more focused sense of direction on what areas I want to concentrate on.  Additionally to creating this overall list, I have started making monthly lists of what needs to be done in regards to this overall list. By making this monthly list I am also able to decide whether or not a task is really of any value. It may be something that would be ideal but not worth focusing on now. After a monthly list I have broken things down further in a weekly to do list. This list usually has items referring to the monthly list as well as any items that need to be done throughout the week. I have been using just a regular notebook for this.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! I should do the same. There are so many projects that I just never finish because I don't write them down. Blessing to you ! I hope your pregnancy is continuing to go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete